- Our GP is Dr Sally Plunkett (B.Cli.Sci, MBBS, FRACGP).
- Our Receptionists are Karen and Jill.
- Our Practice nurse is Tamara (RN).
Tuesday: 8.30am - 4pm
8.30am - 4pm
Public holidays: Closed
Please do not enter the surgery if you have a fever, cold or flu symptoms. Please CALL AHEAD and advise our reception staff so appropriate arrangements can be made.
Emergencies / After hours
In an emergency, call 000. For urgent matters after hours, call or visit Dunedoo MPS Emergency on (02) 6370 3000. After hours, you can also contact Healthdirect for free health advice on 1800 022 222.
We offer services for:
- Acute medical conditions
- Chronic disease management
- Health assessments
- Mental health plans
- Vaccinations including COVID-19, Influenza, Q fever and travel vaccines
- Lung Function testing
- Family planning and pap smears
- Infant & Child Checks & Immunisations
- Skin checks and minor skin procedures including liquid nitrogen therapy, skin cancer biopsies and removal
- Driver's medical assessments
- Work cover
- Please call (02) 6370 3001 during practice hours for an appointment.
- We encourage you to ask for your preferred time.
- If you are sick, please call early in the day and let our reception
staff know and we will do our best to have you seen on the same day.
- Standard appointments are 15 minutes, so if you think you will need more
that 15 minutes, have a few issues to discuss or have forms that need to be
completed please ask for a long appointment.
- Each appointment is for one person. If you have other family members who
require medical care, please make a separate appointment for them.
- Please let us know if you or a family member requires an interpreter
service, and we will organise one for your appointment.
- Emergencies will always be given priority and our reception staff will
attempt to contact you if there is any unforeseen delay.
Medical Centre is a private billing practice. All payments are to be made on the day of service by EFTPOS only. We provide Medicare Easy Claiming services so you can get your Medicare rebate back at the same time of payment. Bulk billing is available for pension and concession card holders, children 16 years & under only. All health assessments and GP chronic disease care plans and care plan reviews are bulk billed.
Our private fees are:
- Level A - $40 (short appointment <5 minutes; $17 Medicare
B - $80 (standard appointment 5 - 20 minutes; $39 Medicare rebate)
C - $110 (long appointment 20 - 40 minutes; $77 Medicare rebate)
- Level D - $140 (prolonged appointment >40 minutes; $113 Medicare rebate)
Missed appointment fee
In event you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment with the doctor, it would be appreciated if you could call to let us know ahead of your appointment time. This is so your appointment may be offered to other patients needing to see the doctor.
If you do not let us know, unfortunately we will be unable to see you for further appointments until you finalise the cost of a standard appointment at the Medicare rebate of $39.10. Please be
advised that continued failure to attend your appointments without notifying us
will result in the termination of ongoing care at our practice.
Contacting your Doctor
Doctor can be contacted during opening hours if it is for an urgent matter, otherwise we advise you to make an appointment for most communication with your doctor. Reception staff will take a message and have the doctor return your call at their earliest convenience if necessary. Please advise if your call is urgent and it can be put through.
Getting your test results
We will contact you for an appointment for all abnormal results or results requiring further follow up to be discussed with the doctor. Please discuss with doctor when your results are expected and how these results will be communicated to you during your appointment.
An appointment is necessary to provide you repeat prescriptions in order review your medical condition(s). As our on the day appointments are limited for sick patients, patients who are taking long term medications are encouraged to make appointments well in advance for their repeat prescriptions, typically when they are issued their last repeat from their Pharmacist.
An appointment is necessary to provide you a specialist referral in order to discuss your medical condition and need to see the specialist. Please note that we are not permitted by law to back-date specialist referrals, so please ensure you have an in date referral prior to seeing the specialist or your specialist consultation will not be covered by Medicare.
Your health information is treated as strictly confidential. We have a
Zero Tolerance Policy
We have a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to any verbal, aggressive and violent abuse and behaviour towards our doctors, staff and nursing team or other patients. Our staff work hard to provide a high standard of care to our patients. We treat everyone with courtesy and respect. In return, we request that our staff are treated with the same courtesy and respect.
Any patients, relatives or members of public who use threatening or offensive behaviour, either verbal or physical, in person or by phone to any of our staff members will be asked to leave the practice immediately. If required the Police will be called, and you will be removed from our Practice list. Examples of unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to, shouting, swearing, aggressive actions, threats, inappropriate gestures and name calling.
Dunedoo Medical Centre is always looking to find ways to improve our service. Please tell us if our service fails to meet your expectations. You may wish to let us know in person, in writing or via email.
If you should
wish to take your concern further and feel that you need to discuss the matter
outside of the practice you can contact:
Phone: 1800 043 159
Address: Locked Mail Bag 18 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
Dunedoo Medical Centre is AGPAL accredited – what does this mean?
Being accredited means that our general practice is committed to a comprehensive program which involves:
- Engaging our whole practice team to review our practice’s systems and processes
- Opening our practice doors to allow a team of independent surveyors to assess how our practice operates
- Assessment of our practice, and achievement of the nationally recognised Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices, that focus on health care quality and patient safety.
Achievement of AGPAL accreditation reassures you that our doctors and practice team are committed to providing you with high quality health care in a safe environment.
Next time you visit our practice be sure to look out for the AGPAL Accredited General Practice Symbol (below) or our accreditation certificate. Our practice team is proud of this achievement and as part of this process we continuously strive to make quality improvements to better your patient experience.
Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) is a not-for-profit independent provider of general practice accreditation in Australia. To learn more about the benefits of accreditation to you, your family and the Australian community visit www.agpal.com.au